When trying to astral project for the first time, most people find it extremely difficult to the point of giving up. Some question whether achieving an Out of Body experience is even possible.
What they do not realize is the simple mistakes they make that cause them to fail.
In this tutorial we are going to see how to successfully achieve an OBE, but first, let’s consider the main mistakes that beginner astral projectors make.
- Motivation: Some people enter astral projection without the right motivation. While they may get to the point of experiencing the first stages of an Out of Body Experience, their lack of desire to pursue it to the end causes them to have negative results. Beginners need to enter into astral projection with the need to see it through.
- Being afraid: This is perhaps the greatest barrier towards achieving an Out of Body Experience. Beginners have never before experienced some of the stages of astral projection. For this reason, it is expected that you will approach it with a bit of apprehension. Some of the greatest fears that beginners have include being possessed, not being able to rejoin the physical body or dying while on the astral plane. To overcome your fears, consult people who have done astral travel successfully. They will tell you that most if not all of those fears are unfounded. You will always rejoin the physical body even while you want to spend more time on the astral plane.
- Relaxation: Astral projection requires a high degree of relaxation. Individuals have different capacities to concentrate with some being better than others. If you try to astral project while having a lot on your mind, chances are you will be unsuccessful. Beginners find it challenging to reach the right relaxation state mainly because they haven’t come across an activity that requires it. They are simply not used to it. Find the right moment to astral project when you have nothing bothering you. This will help you relax better for an OBE.
- Concentration: One of the greatest obstacles that beginner astral projectors face is learning how to concentrate. The vibrations will only come once you are able to stay fully focused. In order to achieve this, your mind needs to be free from other thoughts. You can do this by closing your eyes and starring into the darkness. Focus on the sharp high pitched sound that develops in your mind when everything is super quiet. If you can be able to listen and focus on this sound for at least 4 minutes, you will get to the point where the vibrations start to develop. This is the onset of astral projection.
- Detachment: This is when the astral body separates from the physical body. It happens right after the vibrations set in. Beginner astral projectors are overwhelmed by the new experience. They panic and give up and are therefore never able to separate. It’s important to tell yourself that everything is fine. Let the vibrations continue and before long your spirit will be floating in the astral realm in no time ready for an out of this world experience.
Astral projection 101: How to start
Since we now understand the major mistakes that beginner astral projectors make, let’s look at the process itself and how newbie’s can achieve astral projection.
Step 1. Preparation for astral travel
You need to create a good environment for astral projection.
Ensure that the bed on which you are going to lay is comfortable. The temperature of the room should not be too cold. Around 20 degrees is fine.
Turn off any music or television and make sure that nobody is going to come into the room and distract you. Dim the lights if possible. You might want to get some soft mood lighting for this.
Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes. Ideally these should be your pajamas but any light clothes will do. Once the environment is set, it’s time for the next step.
Step 2: Relaxation and meditation
Get on top of your bed and lay back. Ensure you are comfortable so that you can freely relax your muscles. Let go of any thoughts and simply be still in a comfortable position. You should avoid positions that require you to support yourself.
Step 3: Focus and awareness
It’s time to enhance your relaxed state. Laying back with your eyes closed, try and think about your various body parts. Start with the hands. Are they completely still? What about your legs and your back? Ensure that you are not tensing any muscles on any part of your body.
Step 4: Breathing in the right way
To help you get into the right state of mind that is both relaxed and focused, you can work on controlling your breathing. Take deep breaths and exhale slowly. Your mind will go into a deeper state of calm and get you ready for the next step.
Step 5: The Vibrations
Once you are fully relaxed, you will now start to feel the vibrations kick in. You will feel them run the entire length of your body. They will start small as though a small jolt of electricity is passing through you then gradually increase. Here’s a short video explaining the vibrational stage, and what it feels like:
This is the point where beginner astral projectors panic, cut the entire process and are therefore not able to achieve an Out of Body Experience. It’s imperative that you stay focused and let the process run its course. You are now on the verge of an OBE!
Step 6. The actual separation
This is the final step and will involve you separating yourself from the physical body. There are many different methods that try to explain how you can do this. Examples include the Rope method. Here’s a video explaining a simple astral projection EXIT TECHNIQUE:
The idea is the same. You need to imagine yourself separating and rising into the astral plane. Within no time you will be hovering above your physical body.
Astral projection should never be as difficult as it may sometimes seem. By following simple techniques and keeping things simple, you can finally enjoy the pleasures that come with an Out of Body Experience.
Wondering why it’s so difficult?
There’s a good chance that if you’re starting out, astral projection will feel difficult or a struggle for you. There’s a good reason for that. In fact there are 8 MAIN reasons why you’re not already astral projecting.
Here’s a short video I made to explain it better: